If you thought choosing which race and class you were going to be was the end of the decisions you’d be making when you rolled your warlock, the choices that you have in front of you are actually just beginning. Once you reach level 10, you will begin receiving talent points as you level. How and where you spend those talent points can mean the difference between an unstoppable force of power and a squishy cloth wearer who faces frequent trips back from the graveyard.
Getting to level 10 is easy. Every warlock has the same spells and there’s not much difference in how the game is played. However, one level 10 rolls around (and that happens very quickly nowadays) you have to decide which talent tree you want to specialize in. If you want to focus on PVP or produce some seriously heavy DPS, you might want to consider the role of a destruction warlock.
The destruction talent tree offers quite a few benefits while you are leveling your toon. You’ll enjoy faster cast times, high instant cast proc rates and a better chance of coming out of tough situations with your health intact. With that being said, you do have to know how and where to spend your talent points if you want to get the most out of the destruction talent tree.
The following talent tree build has proven to be very useful to destruction locks as they level and it will help you achieve the talents that you need to level your character faster. In order to get the most from your destruction build, put your points into your talent tree in the order provided below:
- 3 Points in Shadow and Flame
- 2 Points in Improved Immolate
- 3 Points in Bane
- 2 Points in Emberstorm
- 2 Points in Aftermath
- 1 Point in Shadowburn (Instantly blasts the target with shadow damage.)
- 2 Points in Improved Soul Fire
- 3 Points in Backdraft
- 2 Points in Soul Leach
- 2 Points in Burning Embers
- 1 Point in Shadowfury (Causes instant shadow damage and stuns all enemies within 8 yards for 3 seconds.)
- 3 Points in Backlash
- 1 Point in Netherward (Transforms your shadow ward to a netherward.)
- 2 Points in Nether Protection
- 3 Points in Fire and Brimstone
- 2 Points in Empowered Imp
- 1 Point in Chaos Bolt (Sends a bolt of chaotic fire at the enemy dealing severe damage.)
- 3 Points in Demonic Embrace
- 3 Points in Dark Arts
Once you have spent the talent points as outlined above, you will have reached level 85. This build will provide you with significant protection from other casters, more powerful spells and the ability to burn through mobs at quick speeds, allowing you to gain more XP and level more quickly. This build will also provide you with more stamina, which again gives you a higher survivability rate. This can be crucial if you plan on leveling your toon solo.